Table of Contents
The No. 9 seed in the Midwest Region bracket, the Auburn Tigers (20-12), and the No. 8 seed Iowa Hawkeyes (19-13) play in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at Legacy Arena at BJCC, tipping off at 6:50 PM. Auburn is a 1-point favorite in the matchup, which airs on TNT.
This March Madness, brackets are just the beginning. Get your friends, family, and coworkers together to play Survivor, Pick-X, or Head-to-Head Pools — all on the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Tigers vs. Hawkeyes?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Game Time: 6:50 PM ET
- TV Channel: TNT
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Hawkeyes
Auburn Betting Stats & Information
- Auburn has compiled a 20-5 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 80% of those games).
- The Tigers have gone 20-4 in games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -119 or shorter (83.3% win percentage).
- The Tigers have a 15-16-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Hawkeyes have a 4-4 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 1 point or more.
- The average point total in Auburn’s games this year is 12.2 fewer points than the total of 152 in this matchup.
Iowa Betting Stats & Info
- Iowa has been underdogs in eight games this season and won three (37.5%) of those contests.
- The Hawkeyes have entered nine games this season as the underdog by -101 or more and is 3-6 in those contests.
- The Hawkeyes are 17-14-1 against the spread this year.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1 point or more, the Hawkeyes have a 4-4 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Iowa this year is 2.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Auburn vs. Iowa Season Stat Comparison
|Auburn Rank||Auburn AVG||Iowa AVG||Iowa Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Auburn Tigers Leaders
- The Tigers leader in points and rebounds is Johni Broome, who scores 14 points and grabs 8.4 boards per game.
- Wendell Green Jr. leads Auburn in assists, averaging 4.2 per game while also scoring 13.8 points per contest.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Green, who knocks down 1.3 threes per game.
Iowa Hawkeyes Leaders
- Kris Murray records 20.4 points and 7.9 rebounds per game for the Hawkeyes, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Connor McCaffery’s assist statline paces Iowa; he dishes out 3.7 assists per game.
- Murray makes 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Hawkeyes.