Table of Contents
The No. 1 seed Kansas Jayhawks (27-7) are heavily favored (-22.5) to beat the No. 16 seed Howard Bison (22-12) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena. The contest begins at 2:00 PM on TBS. Here are some insights about this West Region contest for those filling out their brackets.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Jayhawks vs. Bison?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa
- Arena: Wells Fargo Arena
Betting Lines for Jayhawks vs. Bison
Kansas Betting Stats & Information
- Kansas has won 85.7% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (24-4).
- The Jayhawks have not played as a moneyline favorite of -10000 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Jayhawks have put together a 16-18-0 record against the spread.
- The Bison are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 22.5 points or greater this season.
- The average point total in Kansas’ games this year is 2.6 fewer points than the total of 145.5 in this matchup.
Howard Betting Stats & Info
- Howard has been underdogs in 17 games this season and won seven (41.2%) of those contests.
- The Bison have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +2425 moneyline set for this game.
- The Bison have gone 18-13-0 ATS this season.
- The Bison are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 22.5-point underdogs.
- The average point total for Howard this season is 1.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Kansas vs. Howard Season Stat Comparison
|Kansas Rank||Kansas AVG||Howard AVG||Howard Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Kansas Jayhawks Leaders
- Jalen Wilson leads the Jayhawks in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 20.1 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
- Dajuan Harris is Kansas’ best passer, dispensing 6.2 assists per game while scoring 8.7 PPG.
- Gradey Dick makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jayhawks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
Howard Bison Leaders
- Elijah Hawkins’ points (13 per game) and assists (5.9 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Bison’s leaderboards.
- William Settle is at the top of the Howard rebounding leaderboard with 5.7 rebounds per game. He also racks up 11 points and adds 1.1 assists per game.
- Marcus Dockery makes 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bison.