Table of Contents
The No. 4 seed UConn Huskies (25-8) are favored (-9) to defeat the No. 13 seed Iona Gaels (27-7) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at MVP Arena. The matchup starts at 4:30 PM on TBS. Here are some insights into this West Region contest for those filling out their brackets.
Sick of brackets? Play entirely new March Madness games with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com.
Start here >
How do I watch Huskies vs. Gaels?
- Game Day: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: Albany, New York
- Arena: MVP Arena
Betting Lines for Huskies vs. Gaels
UConn Betting Stats & Information
- UConn has won 21 of 28 games when the moneyline favorite this season (75%).
- The Huskies are 10-1 (winning 90.9% of their games) when they have played as a moneyline favorite of -454 or shorter.
- The Huskies’ ATS record is 20-12-0 this season.
- The average point total in UConn’s games this year is equal to the over/under of 143.5 in this matchup.
Iona Betting Stats & Info
- Iona has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Gaels have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +351 odds on them winning this game.
- The Gaels’ ATS record is 20-14-0 this season.
- The average over/under for Iona’s games this year is 2.1 fewer points than the point total of 143.5 in this outing.
UConn vs. Iona Season Stat Comparison
|UConn Rank||UConn AVG||Iona AVG||Iona Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UConn Huskies Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Huskies is Adama Sanogo, who puts up 16.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Tristen Newton is UConn’s best passer, distributing 4.6 assists per game while scoring 10.2 PPG.
- The Huskies get the most three-point shooting production out of Jordan Hawkins, who makes 2.8 threes per game.
Iona Gaels Leaders
- Walter Clayton Jr. is the top scorer for the Gaels with 16.9 points per game. He also adds 4.3 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game to his statistics.
- Nelly Junior Joseph has a stat line of 9.4 rebounds, 15.1 points and 1.1 assists per game for Iona to take the top rebound spot on the team. Daniss Jenkins has the top spot for assists with 4.9 per game, adding 15.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per contest.
- Clayton is reliable from three-point range and leads the Gaels with 2.2 made threes per game.