Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (3-1) ride a three-game winning streak into a road contest against the Oakland Athletics (1-2) on Monday at 9:40 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-151) over the Athletics (+129). Zach Plesac starts for Cleveland while Oakland will counter with James Kaprielian.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Monday, April 3, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians hit 127 home runs last season, the second-lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland’s .253 batting average was seventh-best in the majors.
- Last season the Guardians scored the 15th-most runs in baseball (698 total, 4.3 per game).
- Cleveland’s batters struck out 6.9 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Guardians averaged one home runs per game when playing away from home last season (77 total in road outings).
- Cleveland averaged three extra-base hits per game while slugging .398 on the road.
- The club averaged nine hits per game and batted .255 on the road last season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez finished last season with 167 hits while batting .278.
- Steven Kwan had 168 hits and an OBP of .375.
- Last season, Josh Bell finished with 17 home runs, 71 RBI and a batting average of .266 last season.
- Amed Rosario had an OPS of .715, fueled by an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .403.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics hit just 137 homers last season, which ranked 27th in the league.
- Oakland had a team batting average of just .216 last season, which ranked last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics scored the 29th-most runs in the league last season with just 568 (3.5 per game).
- Oakland ranked 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game at 8.6 whiffs per contest.
- They hit 53 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, Oakland had a .326 SLG with 191 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 6.6 base hits per game and hit .208 as a team at home last season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Seth Brown accumulated an OBP of .308 with 115 hits last season.
- Tony Kemp had a .334 slugging percentage while batting .235.
- Jesus Aguilar had 19 doubles, 16 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .235 last season.
- Aledmys Diaz hit .243 with 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 18 walks.
Guardians vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Zach Plesac (CLE)||Pitcher||James Kaprielian (OAK)|
|3 – 12||W/L||5 – 9|
Guardians vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Guardians: Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Athletics: Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)