Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (1-3) will aim to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the Cincinnati Reds (3-1) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-134) to end the streak against the Reds (+113). Chicago’s Hayden Wesneski starts against Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs ranked 17th in MLB action with 159 total home runs last season.
- Chicago’s .238 batting average ranked 18th in the majors.
- Last season the Cubs were the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (657 total).
- The club’s 8.9 strikeouts per game ranked 25th in the majors.
- The Cubs hit 86 homers on the road last season (1.1 per game).
- Chicago averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .380 on the road.
- The club averaged 7.8 hits per game and batted .228 on the road last season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Dansby Swanson had 177 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .447 last season.
- Ian Happ had 155 hits and an OBP of .346.
- Last season, Nico Hoerner finished with 10 home runs, 55 RBI and a batting average of .281 last season.
- Trey Mancini slashed .239/.321/.391 and finished with an OPS of .712.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 156 home runs ranked 19th in Major League Baseball.
- Cincinnati’s .235 batting average ranked 21st in the majors last season.
- The Reds scored 648 runs (4.0 per game) last season, which ranked 23rd in MLB.
- Cincinnati had the 23rd-ranked strikeouts per game rate (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 89 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, Cincinnati had a .397 SLG with 217 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 8.1 base hits per game and hit .246 as a team at home last season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India put up a slugging percentage of .376 and a batting average of .246 last season.
- TJ Friedl hit .240 with 10 doubles, five triples, eight home runs and 20 walks.
- Jake Fraley had nine doubles, 12 home runs and 27 walks while batting .259 last season.
- Kevin Newman hit .274 with 18 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 16 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Hayden Wesneski (CHC)||Pitcher||Luis Cessa (CIN)|
|3 – 2||W/L||4 – 4|
Cubs vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Cubs: Seiya Suzuki: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Nick Senzel: 10 Day IL (Toe), Tony Santillan: 15 Day IL (Back), Lucas Sims: 15 Day IL (Back), Luke Weaver: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Garcia: day-to-day (Hamstring)