Table of Contents
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Philadelphia Phillies (0-3), at -174 on the moneyline, to stop their three-game losing streak when they meet the New York Yankees (2-1), at -174, on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. Nestor Cortes Jr. starts for New York while Philadelphia will counter with Taijuan Walker.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Monday, April 3, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Phillies?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees hit a league-leading 254 home runs last season, averaging 1.6 per game.
- New York’s .241 batting average ranked 15th in the majors.
- Last season the Yankees scored the second-most runs in baseball (807 total, 5.0 per game).
- The club’s 8.6 strikeouts per game ranked 18th in the majors.
- The Yankees averaged 1.7 homers per home game last season (136 total at home).
- New York had a .439 slugging percentage and averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club batted .240 with 631 hits (7.8 per game) at home last season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge collected 177 hits, posted an OBP of .440 and a .686 SLG last season.
- Anthony Rizzo slashed .224/.345/.480 and finished with an OPS of .824.
- Gleyber Torres ended his last campaign with 134 hits, an OBP of .311, plus a slugging percentage of .447.
- DJ LeMahieu slashed .261/.357/.377 and finished with an OPS of .734.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies ranked sixth in Major League Baseball with 205 home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .252 batting average was among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Phillies scored 747 runs last season, which ranked seventh in MLB.
- Philadelphia ranked 13th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 98 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- Philadelphia slugged .403 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .246 AVG with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Trea Turner put up a .344 on-base percentage and a .466 slugging percentage last season.
- Kyle Schwarber accumulated 126 hits while batting .218.
- J.T. Realmuto had 26 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 42 walks while batting .274 last season.
- Alec Bohm hit .278 with 23 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 32 walks.
Yankees vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers
|Nestor Cortes Jr. (NYY)||Pitcher||Taijuan Walker (PHI)|
|12 – 4||W/L||12 – 5|
Yankees vs. Phillies Injury Updates
- Yankees: Ben Rortvedt: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Lou Trivino: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Severino: 15 Day IL (Lat), Tommy Kahnle: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Phillies: Bryce Harper: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Nelson: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Cristopher Sanchez: 15 Day IL (Left tricep), Noah Song: 15 Day IL (Back), Ranger Suárez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)