Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (4-2) and the Oakland Athletics (2-3) square off on Wednesday at 3:37 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Guardians are favored (-127) to take the contest against the Athletics (+108). Hunter Gaddis starts for Cleveland while Oakland will counter with Kyle Muller.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Game Time: 3:37 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians average 0.8 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with five total home runs.
- Cleveland’s .256 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Guardians are 16th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.7 times per game, the No. 19 average in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.8 homers per road game this season (five total away from home).
- Cleveland has a .391 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .256 with 55 hits (9.2 per game) on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.500) thanks to four extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Ramirez ranks 67th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage, and 74th in slugging.
- Myles Straw has six hits this season and a team-best OBP of .500.
- Among qualifying batters, Straw ranks 45th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Naylor has six hits this season and has a slash line of .286/.375/.571.
- Mike Zunino has five hits, which is tops among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .294 with three extra-base hits.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics ranked 27th in Major League Baseball with just 137 home runs as a team.
- Oakland ranked last in MLB with a team batting average of just .216.
- The Athletics scored 568 runs (just 3.5 per game) last season, which ranked 29th in MLB.
- Oakland had the 16th-ranked strikeouts per game rate (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 53 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Oakland had a team slugging percentage of .326 in home games last season with 191 extra-base hits.
- In home games last season, they had a .208 AVG with 6.6 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Seth Brown had an OBP of .308 with 115 hits last season.
- Tony Kemp had a .334 slugging percentage while batting .235.
- Jesus Aguilar had 19 doubles, 16 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .235 last season.
- Aledmys Diaz hit .243 with 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 18 walks.
Guardians vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Gaddis (CLE)||Pitcher||Kyle Muller (OAK)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Guardians: Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Athletics: Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Freddy Tarnok: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)