Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (5-2) and the Seattle Mariners (2-5) square off on Friday at 4:10 PM ET. The Guardians are moneyline favorites (-115) against the underdog Mariners (-105). Aaron Civale takes the mound first for Cleveland, and Logan Gilbert is Seattle’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Friday, April 7, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Mariners?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are 22nd in MLB play with five home runs. They average 0.7 per game.
- Cleveland’s .253 batting average ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Guardians’ .334 on-base percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- Cleveland’s 7.7 strikeouts per game rank 16th in MLB.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez is hitting .310 with three doubles, a triple and seven walks.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, Ramirez is 64th in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and 76th in slugging.
- Ramirez has hit safely in seven straight games. During his last seven games he is batting .310 with three doubles, a triple, seven walks and three RBI.
- Myles Straw has eight hits this season and a team-best OBP of .517.
- Among all qualified hitters, Straw ranks 28th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and 106th in slugging percentage.
- Straw brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last seven games he is hitting .364 with a double, six walks and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.387) powered by two extra-base hits.
- Kwan enters this game with six games in a row with at least one hit. In his last seven outings he is hitting .323 with two doubles, two walks and eight RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with nine hits, an OBP of .387 plus a slugging percentage of .464.
- Gimenez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last seven outings he is hitting .321 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners have hit six homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Seattle ranks 24th in MLB with a .222 team batting average.
- The Mariners have an on-base percentage of .286 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Seattle ranks 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 Ks per contest.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has accumulated 10 hits with a .419 on-base percentage and a .607 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Mariners.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, France’s batting average places him 30th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 41st in slugging.
- France brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .286 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Julio Rodriguez is batting .267 with four doubles, a home run and three walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Rodriguez is 95th in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging percentage.
- Eugenio Suarez has put up a team-best .464 slugging percentage.
- A.J. Pollock is hitting .167 with two home runs and two walks.
Guardians vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Logan Gilbert (SEA)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Guardians vs. Mariners Injury Updates
- Guardians: Triston McKenzie: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Taylor Trammell: 10 Day IL (Hand), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor)