Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (4-3) host the Texas Rangers (4-4) on Sunday at Wrigley Field, beginning at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are favored on the moneyline (-114), while the Rangers are -105 underdogs. The Rangers are the spread favorite (1.5) with +155 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Chicago’s Jameson Taillon and Texas’ Jon Gray will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in MLB play with six total home runs.
- Chicago’s .281 batting average is fifth-best in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .343 on-base percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s hitters strike out eight times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Cubs average one home run per home game this season (five total at home).
- Chicago has a .369 slugging percentage and is averaging 1.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .250 with 40 hits (eight per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Dansby Swanson leads Chicago with a slugging percentage of .500, fueled by two extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Swanson’s batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 10th, and he is 61st in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago with eight hits. He is batting .348 this season and has five extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Wisdom’s batting average ranks him 34th, his on-base percentage 44th, and his slugging percentage sixth.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with an OBP of .531 this season while batting .375 with eight walks and six runs scored.
- Happ enters this matchup with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, six walks and five RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has been key for Chicago with 11 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .394.
- Hoerner heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit nine homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Texas’ .239 batting average ranks 21st in the majors this season.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Texas ranks 12th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
Rangers Key Batters
- Nate Lowe has a .424 slugging percentage, which leads the Rangers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Lowe is 88th in batting average, 126th in on-base percentage and 101st in slugging percentage.
- Lowe heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has a double, a home run and three walks while batting .267.
- Garcia is currently 95th in batting average, 108th in on-base percentage and 113th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Josh Jung paces the Rangers with eight hits.
- Mitch Garver is batting .263 with two home runs and three walks.
Cubs vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Jon Gray (TEX)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Cubs vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Cubs: Seiya Suzuki: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Patrick Wisdom: day-to-day (Wrist)
- Rangers: Leody Taveras: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Spencer Howard: 15 Day IL (Lat), Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat)