Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (6-2) have a 2-0 series lead and will attempt for a sweep of the Houston Astros (3-6) on Sunday at Target Field. The Astros are favored (-113) against the underdog Twins (-106) in the matchup, which starts at 2:10 PM ET. Houston’s Hunter Brown gets the start against Minnesota’s Tyler Mahle.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Twins
- Game Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: BSNX
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are 16th in MLB action with nine total home runs.
- Houston has the 23rd-ranked batting average in MLB (.231).
- The Astros’ .314 on-base percentage ranks 21st in baseball.
- Houston’s 9.8 strikeouts per game are the third-most in baseball.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has nine hits, which is tops among Houston hitters this season, while batting .310 with four extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Alvarez is 60th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and 19th in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with an OBP of .410 this season while batting .281 with seven walks and four runs scored.
- Among qualified hitters, Tucker’s batting average ranks him 79th, his on-base percentage 34th, and his slugging percentage 25th.
- Jeremy Pena has seven hits this season and has a slash line of .179/.256/.385.
- Chas McCormick is batting .227 with a .346 OBP and three RBI for Houston this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit eight homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Minnesota’s .253 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Twins have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- Minnesota has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the 10th-best strikeout rate (8.0 per game) among MLB offenses.
Twins Key Batters
- Trevor Larnach has racked up an on-base percentage of .459 and a slugging percentage of .516. Both lead the Twins.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Larnach is 29th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 19th and he is 56th in slugging.
- Joey Gallo is batting .222 with a double, three home runs and two walks.
- Kyle Farmer has a double, a home run and a walk while hitting .350.
- Byron Buxton’s 10 hits pace his team.
Astros vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||Tyler Mahle (MIN)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Astros vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Astros: Jose Altuve: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day IL (Spine), Blake Taylor: 15 Day IL (Elbow)
- Twins: Max Kepler: 10 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Jorge Polanco: 10 Day IL (Knee), Josh Winder: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Joey Gallo: day-to-day (Side soreness)