Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (3-7) are looking for Jordan Walker to continue a 10-game hitting streak when they square off against the Colorado Rockies (5-6) on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET at Coors Field. The Cardinals are favored (-166) over the Rockies (+142). St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas and Colorado’s Kyle Freeland pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
How Do I Watch the Cardinals vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: SportsNet RM
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals are 17th in MLB action with 10 total home runs.
- St. Louis is third in MLB with a .284 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank third in baseball with a .353 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis strikes out 7.2 times per game, the third-fewest mark in the majors.
- The Cardinals average 0.5 homers per road game this season (two total away from home).
- St. Louis is averaging 1.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .303 on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .220.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in OBP (.489), slugging percentage (.500) and OPS (.989) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt is 13th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage, and 54th in slugging.
- Goldschmidt hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has hit one homers this season while driving in eight runs. He’s batting .317 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Arenado’s batting average places him 43rd, his on-base percentage 88th, and his slugging percentage 104th.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis with eight hits. He is batting .308 this season and four of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Walker leads St. Louis with a slugging percentage of .553, fueled by four extra-base hits.
- Walker takes a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .342 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 10 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Colorado’s .270 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies have the 19th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- Colorado ranks 21st with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- In five games at home this season, they’ve hit four homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Colorado is slugging .445 in five home games this season.
- They are averaging 10.6 base hits per game and batting .306 as a team at home this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Charlie Blackmon has a team-high .439 slugging percentage.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Blackmon is 43rd in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging percentage.
- Blackmon brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with three walks and an RBI.
- Elias Diaz’s .395 OBP leads his team.
- Diaz is currently 61st in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- C.J. Cron has nine hits, a team-high for the Rockies.
- Elehuris Montero has three doubles, a home run and a walk while hitting .333.
Cardinals vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Kyle Freeland (COL)|
|0 – 1||W/L||2 – 0|
Cardinals vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Cardinals: Lars Nootbaar: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Paul DeJong: 10 Day IL (Back), Packy Naughton: 15 Day IL (Left forearm), Adam Wainwright: 15 Day IL (Groin), Wilking Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Rockies: Randal Grichuk: 10 Day IL (Hernia), Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Anxiety), Antonio Senzatela: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sean Bouchard: 60 Day IL (Biceps), German Márquez: day-to-day (Forearm)