Table of Contents
Max Muncy leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (7-6) into a matchup against the Chicago Cubs (6-5) following his two-home run showing in a 10-5 win over the Giants. The Dodgers are moneyline favorites (-168) in this game against the underdog Cubs (+144), which starts at 10:10 PM ET on Friday. Los Angeles has Noah Syndergaard starting things off, and Chicago will send out Justin Steele.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Friday, April 14, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank second-best in MLB action with 24 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .248 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Dodgers are second in MLB with a .360 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles strikes out 9.3 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in MLB.
- The Dodgers have hit 13 home runs at home this season (2.2 per game).
- Los Angeles has a .532 slugging percentage and is averaging 4.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .258.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Will Smith is hitting .333 with three doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Smith’s batting average ranks 26th, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- James Outman has 11 hits, which ranks first among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .289 with six extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying players, Outman ranks 69th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in slugging percentage (.490) powered by five extra-base hits.
- Mookie Betts has two home runs, five RBI and a batting average of .271 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 10 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- Chicago’s .280 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .340.
- Chicago is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 87 as a team.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has racked up a slugging percentage of .408, a team-high for the Cubs.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Hoerner’s batting average puts him 17th, his on-base percentage ranks 68th, and he is 110th in slugging.
- Hoerner brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .238 with a double, two home runs and four walks.
- Bellinger is currently 121st in batting average, 136th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Dansby Swanson a has .467 on-base percentage to lead the Cubs.
- Ian Happ is hitting .282 with four doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Noah Syndergaard (LAD)||Pitcher||Justin Steele (CHC)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 0|
Dodgers vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Ryan Pepiot: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jimmy Nelson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Daniel Hudson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Álex Reyes: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Miguel Rojas: day-to-day (Hamstring)
- Cubs: Seiya Suzuki: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dansby Swanson: day-to-day (Side)