Table of Contents
Rafael Devers takes a two-game home run streak into the Boston Red Sox’s (6-8) matchup against the Los Angeles Angels (7-6). The Angels are the moneyline favorite (-115) over the Red Sox (-104), and it starts at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday at Fenway Park. Tyler Anderson starts for Los Angeles while Boston will counter with Nick Pivetta.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 10th in MLB action with 17 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Los Angeles ranks 17th in the majors with a .244 batting average.
- The Angels rank ninth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.8 times per game, the eighth-fewest average in the majors.
- The Angels have hit seven homers away from home this season (1.0 per game).
- Los Angeles has a .382 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .253.
Angels Key Batters
- Hunter Renfroe has four doubles, three home runs and eight walks while batting .286.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Renfroe’s batting average ranks 66th, his on-base percentage ranks 60th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Renfroe will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Trout has 12 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .433.
- Trout’s batting average ranks 93rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 51st.
- Taylor Ward has hit two homers with a team-high .415 SLG this season.
- Shohei Ohtani has been key for Los Angeles with 13 hits, an OBP of .415 plus a slugging percentage of .545.
- Ohtani has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 18 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- Boston ranks 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .231.
- The Red Sox have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- Boston is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their seven home contests this season.
- Boston is slugging .426 in seven home games this season.
- In seven home games this season, they have a batting average of .248 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Devers has racked up 15 hits, a team-best for the Red Sox.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Devers ranks 69th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo leads his team with a .377 on-base percentage, and has a club-best .436 slugging percentage.
- Verdugo’s batting average is 48th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 66th, and he is 89th in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .216 with a double, a home run and seven walks.
- Justin Turner is hitting .250 with three doubles and eight walks.
Angels vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Anderson (LAA)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Angels vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Chris Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Adam Duvall: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Zack Kelly: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Brayan Bello: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 15 Day IL (Elbow), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Masataka Yoshida: day-to-day (Hamstring)