Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (7-7) will aim to keep a three-game winning streak going when they host the Arizona Diamondbacks (8-6) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Marlins are favored (-132) over the Diamondbacks (+111). Miami has Braxton Garrett starting, while Arizona counters with Ryne Nelson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins are 15th in MLB play with 15 total home runs.
- Miami’s .248 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Marlins’ .310 on-base percentage is 22nd in MLB.
- Miami’s 9.0 strikeouts per game rank 22nd in baseball.
- The Marlins average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (seven total in home outings).
- Miami is slugging .377 with 2.3 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .246 with 62 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has 23 hits and an OBP of .558 to go with a slugging percentage of .696. All three of those stats rank first among Miami hitters this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Arraez ranks first in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging.
- Arraez will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .471 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .370 with a double, a triple, three home runs and three walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Cooper’s batting average places him ninth, his on-base percentage 42nd, and his slugging percentage 17th.
- Jorge Soler has collected 10 base hits, an OBP of .283 and a slugging percentage of .563 this season.
- Jon Berti has been key for Miami with 11 hits, an OBP of .289 plus a slugging percentage of .349.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit just 11 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .304.
- Arizona is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking fourth with an average of 6.9 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit four homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in seven road contests this season.
- In seven road games this season, it is slugging .316 with 14 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.0 base hits per game and batting .218 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Geraldo Perdomo is batting .409 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Josh Rojas’ .526 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Corbin Carroll has racked up 14 hits with a .288 on-base percentage, leading the Diamondbacks in both statistics.
- Ketel Marte is batting .212 with six doubles, a home run and two walks.
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Braxton Garrett (MIA)||Pitcher||Ryne Nelson (ARI)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Marlins: Joey Wendle: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Biceps), JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Tommy Nance: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Steven Okert: 15 Day IL (Adductor), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Carson Kelly: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Joe Mantiply: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)