Table of Contents
Yan Gomes leads the Chicago Cubs (7-5) into a contest against the Los Angeles Dodgers (7-7) after his two-home run outing in an 8-2 win over the Dodgers. The Dodgers are moneyline favorites (-230) for this game against the underdog Cubs (+195), which begins at 9:10 PM ET on Saturday. Michael Grove starts for Los Angeles, and Jameson Taillon is Chicago’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Cubs?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are second in MLB action with 26 home runs. They average 1.9 per game.
- Los Angeles has the 20th-ranked batting average in MLB (.238).
- The Dodgers are sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Los Angeles strikes out 9.4 times per game to rank 22nd in MLB.
- The Dodgers have hit 15 home runs at home this season (2.1 per game).
- Los Angeles is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .500 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.4 hits per game and is batting .236.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Will Smith is batting .333 with three doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Smith ranks 22nd in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Max Muncy has six home runs and eight walks while batting .239.
- Among qualifying hitters, Muncy’s batting average places him 122nd, his on-base percentage 79th, and his slugging percentage 18th.
- Muncy takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .467 with five home runs, three walks and 12 RBI.
- Freddie Freeman has an OPS of .876, fueled by an OBP of .422 and a team-best slugging percentage of .455 this season.
- James Outman has 11 hits, which leads Los Angeles hitters this season, while batting .282 with six extra-base hits.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 15 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Chicago’s .282 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Cubs are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .341.
- Chicago ranks third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 2.0 home runs per game in their three road contests this season.
- Chicago has a team slugging percentage of .570 in away games this season with 17 extra-base hits.
- In three road games this season, they have a batting average of .331 while averaging 13.3 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has accumulated 15 hits with a .481 on-base percentage, leading the Cubs in both categories.
- Happ ranks 16th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Nico Hoerner’s .396 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Hoerner’s batting average is 20th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 71st, and he is 115th in slugging.
- Cody Bellinger is batting .239 with two doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .231 with two doubles, four home runs and four walks.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers
|Michael Grove (LAD)||Pitcher||Jameson Taillon (CHC)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Dodgers vs. Cubs Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Ryan Pepiot: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jimmy Nelson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Daniel Hudson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Álex Reyes: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Will Smith: day-to-day (Illness)
- Cubs: Kyle Hendricks: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)