Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (10-6) host the Los Angeles Angels (8-8) on Tuesday in game 1 of a three-game series, with the first pitch at 7:05 PM ET from Yankee Stadium. The favored Yankees (-143) enter the matchup after a series split with the Twins, and the underdog Angels (+121) are coming off of a series loss to the Red Sox. New York’s Clarke Schmidt gets the start against Los Angeles’ Jose Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Angels
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game to rank third in MLB play with 26 total home runs.
- New York has the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.237).
- The Yankees are 24th in baseball with a .307 on-base percentage.
- New York’s 9.1 strikeouts per game rank 15th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.9 homers per home game this season (19 total at home).
- New York is slugging .437 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .226 with 72 hits (7.2 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres leads New York in OBP (.435) this season, fueled by 14 hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Torres is 62nd in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage, and 59th in slugging.
- Aaron Judge leads New York in total hits (16) this season while batting .286 with seven extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters, Judge is 62nd in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Rizzo has hit four homers with a team-high .574 SLG this season.
- Rizzo enters this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with three home runs and three RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has been key for New York with 13 hits, an OBP of .353 plus a slugging percentage of .543.
- LeMahieu has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 19 home runs rank 12th in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles ranks 18th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Angels have the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.332).
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 10 road contests this season.
- Los Angeles is slugging .362 in 10 road games this season.
- In 10 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .267 with four doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Renfroe is 83rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 78th and he is 40th in slugging.
- Mike Trout leads his team with 15 hits and a .435 OBP.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Trout is 70th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage.
- Shohei Ohtani is hitting .298 with two doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Taylor Ward has a double, two home runs and seven walks while batting .238.
Yankees vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||José Suarez (LAA)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Yankees vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Yankees: Josh Donaldson: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Giancarlo Stanton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ben Rortvedt: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jonathan Loaisiga: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Severino: 15 Day IL (Lat), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Kahnle: 60 Day IL (Biceps)
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Ryan Tepera: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)