Table of Contents
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Detroit Tigers (7-9), at +124 on the moneyline, to prolong their five-game winning streak when they meet the Cleveland Guardians (9-9), at -146, on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET. Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill and Detroit’s Spencer Turnbull pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with nine home runs.
- Cleveland’s .234 batting average ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 17th in MLB with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland’s hitters strike out 7.4 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.7 homers per road game this season (eight total away from home).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 on the road.
- The team is batting .245 with 103 hits (8.6 per game) on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 19 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .429.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Ramirez is 75th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage, and 89th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has two doubles, a triple and 14 walks while batting .257.
- Kwan is 94th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 160th in slugging in MLB.
- Andres Gimenez has hit one homer with a team-high .391 SLG this season.
- Myles Straw has 18 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .412.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 12 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .217 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .279 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit ranks 21st in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their seven home contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .355 in seven home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .242 as a team at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Nick Maton has two doubles, three home runs and eight walks while batting .163.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Maton ranks 184th in batting average, 153rd in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging percentage.
- Riley Greene’s 17 hits, .314 OBP and .415 slugging percentage all lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Greene’s batting average puts him 88th, his on-base percentage ranks 120th, and he is 98th in slugging.
- Kerry Carpenter has four doubles, three home runs and four walks while batting .238.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .222 with three doubles, a home run and a walk.
Guardians vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Cal Quantrill (CLE)||Pitcher||Spencer Turnbull (DET)|
|0 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Guardians vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Sam Hentges: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Tigers: Austin Meadows: 10 Day IL (Anxiety), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)