Table of Contents
J.D. Martinez leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (9-9) into a contest with the New York Mets (11-7) after he collected four hits in a 5-0 win over the Mets. The Mets are favored on the moneyline (-129) against the Dodgers (+110) in this outing, which starts at 3:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Max Scherzer starts for New York while Los Angeles will counter with Noah Syndergaard.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Dodgers?
- TV Channel: SportsNet LA
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB action with 19 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York’s .222 batting average ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Mets’ .334 on-base percentage is 10th-best in MLB.
- New York strikes out 7.1 times per game to rank second in MLB.
- The Mets average 1.0 homers per game when playing away from home this season (12 total in road outings).
- New York is slugging .358 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .218 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 19 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .638.
- Alonso ranks 70th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Francisco Lindor has six doubles, four home runs and 10 walks while hitting .231.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Lindor is 132nd in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in OBP (.447) this season, fueled by 17 hits.
- Starling Marte is batting .233 with a .343 OBP and five RBI for New York this season.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers’ 32 home runs rank second in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles ranks 21st in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Dodgers have an OBP of .339 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.6 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 21 homers, an average of 1.9 per game, in 11 home contests this season.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .463 in home games this season with 36 extra-base hits.
- In 11 home games this season, they have a batting average of .236 while averaging 7.5 base hits per contest.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman has accumulated an on-base percentage of .415 and a slugging percentage of .521. Both lead the Dodgers.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, Freeman’s batting average ranks 17th, his on-base percentage is 20th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Freeman enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Max Muncy’s 14 hits lead his team.
- Muncy is currently 118th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- James Outman is batting .288 with a double, three triples, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Martinez is hitting .271 with seven doubles, two triples, three home runs and three walks.
Mets vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers
|Max Scherzer (NYM)||Pitcher||Noah Syndergaard (LAD)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Mets vs. Dodgers Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back spasms), Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Stephen Nogosek: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tommy Hunter: 15 Day IL (Back), Stephen Ridings: 15 Day IL (Lat), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Dodgers: Ryan Pepiot: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jimmy Nelson: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Gonsolin: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Daniel Hudson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Álex Reyes: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Will Smith: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Chris Taylor: day-to-day (Side)