Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (15-3) take on the Cincinnati Reds (7-10) after Francisco Mejia had a four-hit showing in a 10-0 win over the Reds. The Rays are favored (-206) in this matchup with the Reds (+172), which starts at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday. Drew Rasmussen starts for Tampa Bay while Cincinnati will counter with Levi Stoudt.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Reds
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: BSOH
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays average 2.3 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 41 home runs in total.
- Tampa Bay’s .286 batting average is second-best in the majors.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .358 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 7.7 times per game, the eighth-best mark in baseball.
- The Rays average 2.3 home runs per road game this season (18 total on the road).
- Tampa Bay is slugging .514 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 10.3 hits per game and is batting .285 on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco has an OPS of .938, fueled by an OBP of .363 and a team-best slugging percentage of .575 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Franco is 46th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 75th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .259 with two doubles, five home runs and 10 walks.
- Diaz is 90th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Randy Arozarena has collected 21 base hits, an OBP of .373 and a slugging percentage of .537 this season.
- Arozarena has recorded at least one base hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Brandon Lowe leads Tampa Bay with 13 hits and an OBP of .411 this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 15 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Cincinnati’s .245 batting average ranks 15th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have an OBP of .330 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 24th in strikeouts per game (9.4) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 11 home contests this season.
- Cincinnati has a team slugging percentage of .422 in home games this season with 32 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .254 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has racked up a slugging percentage of .450, a team-high for the Reds.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, India ranks 47th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Spencer Steer has racked up 16 hits with a .424 on-base percentage to lead his team in both.
- Steer’s batting average is 28th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 16th, and he is 46th in slugging.
- TJ Friedl has racked up a slugging percentage of .508, a team-high for the Reds.
- Jake Fraley is batting .244 with two doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Rays vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Drew Rasmussen (TB)||Pitcher||Levi Stoudt (CIN)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Rays vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Rays: Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Zach Eflin: 15 Day IL (Back), Jeffrey Springs: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Thompson: 15 Day IL (Lat), Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Connor Overton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 15 Day IL (Back), Luke Weaver: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Spencer Steer: day-to-day (Knee), Hunter Greene: day-to-day (Shin)