Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (11-7) bring a three-game win streak into a home matchup against the Detroit Tigers (7-10) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-140) over the Tigers (+120). Grayson Rodriguez takes the mound first for Baltimore, and Michael Lorenzen is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, April 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are seventh in MLB action with 23 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Baltimore’s .249 batting average ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Orioles are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Baltimore strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 17 mark in MLB.
- The Orioles have hit nine home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Baltimore has a .434 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .257 at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore with an OBP of .460 this season while batting .309 with 19 walks and 10 runs scored.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Rutschman’s batting average ranks 36th, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Jorge Mateo has 17 hits, which is tops among Baltimore batters this season. He’s batting .362 with seven extra-base hits.
- Mateo is sixth in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging in the majors.
- Cedric Mullins has collected 16 base hits, an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .208 with a .232 OBP and 20 RBI for Baltimore this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 14 home runs as a team.
- Detroit ranks 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .218.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .278.
- Detroit ranks 14th in strikeouts per game (9.5) among MLB offenses.
- In nine games on the road this season, they’ve hit seven homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- Detroit is slugging .319 in nine road games this season.
- They are averaging 6.7 base hits per game and batting .197 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has racked up 16 hits, a team-high for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, Torkelson is 109th in batting average, 167th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging percentage.
- Torkelson takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .261 with four doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Nick Maton is batting .151 with two doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Riley Greene’s .297 OBP and .391 slugging percentage are both team-highs.
Orioles vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Grayson Rodriguez (BAL)||Pitcher||Michael Lorenzen (DET)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Orioles vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Orioles: Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Mateo: day-to-day (Hip discomfort)
- Tigers: Austin Meadows: 10 Day IL (Anxiety), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)