Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (12-7) bring a four-game winning streak into a home contest against the Detroit Tigers (7-11) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-180) over the Tigers (+154). Kyle Gibson starts for Baltimore while Detroit will counter with Joey Wentz.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are 10th-best in baseball with 24 total home runs.
- Baltimore’s .248 batting average ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Orioles are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .343.
- Baltimore strikes out 9.0 times per game to rank 16th in the majors.
- The Orioles average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (10 total in home contests).
- Baltimore is slugging .428 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .253 at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has 21 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .440.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Rutschman’s batting average ranks 42nd, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 48th in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins has three doubles, a triple, two home runs and 14 walks while batting .261.
- Mullins ranks 84th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Jorge Mateo has 17 hits this season and has a slash line of .362/.418/.638.
- Ryan Mountcastle has been key for Baltimore with 17 hits, an OBP of .233 plus a slugging percentage of .481.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 14 home runs as a team.
- Detroit ranks 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .216.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .274 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit ranks 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.4 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 10 road contests this season.
- Detroit has a team slugging percentage of .305 in away games this season with 22 extra-base hits.
- In 10 road games this season, they have a batting average of .195 while averaging 6.5 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .232 with four doubles, two home runs and two walks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Torkelson’s batting average ranks 124th, his on-base percentage ranks 172nd, and he is 117th in slugging.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .240 with four doubles, three home runs and four walks.
- Nick Maton is batting .140 with two doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Riley Greene has 18 hits with a .295 on-base percentage while slugging .384. Those stats are all team-highs.
Orioles vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Gibson (BAL)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|3 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Orioles vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Orioles: Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Mateo: day-to-day (Hip)
- Tigers: Austin Meadows: 10 Day IL (Anxiety), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)