Table of Contents
The San Diego Padres (9-11) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (11-8) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are moneyline favorites (-112) against the underdog Diamondbacks (-107). Seth Lugo starts for San Diego, and Zac Gallen is Arizona’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Friday, April 21, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 1.2 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 23 total home runs.
- San Diego has the third-worst batting average in MLB (.223).
- The Padres’ .308 on-base percentage ranks 22nd in MLB.
- San Diego strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 21 mark in the majors.
- The Padres average 1.3 homers per road game this season (10 total away from home).
- San Diego has a .392 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team is batting .223 with 59 hits (7.4 per game) on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego with 28 hits and an OBP of .418, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .575.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Bogaerts is ninth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 17th, and he is 19th in slugging.
- Juan Soto has three doubles, four home runs and 22 walks while hitting .183.
- Among qualified batters, Soto’s batting average places him 175th, his on-base percentage 54th, and his slugging percentage 110th.
- Trent Grisham is batting .233 with a .493 slugging percentage and nine RBI this year.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .221 with a .325 OBP and eight RBI for San Diego this season.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 17 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .304 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Arizona ranks third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.4 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit seven homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in eight home contests this season.
- In eight home games this season, it is slugging .488 with 35 hits going for extra bases.
- In eight home games this season, they have a batting average of .299 while averaging 10.5 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up 19 hits, a team-high for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Carroll ranks 75th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 120th and he is 37th in slugging.
- Ketel Marte has six doubles, a triple, two home runs and two walks while batting .261.
- Marte is 93rd in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Josh Rojas has a .377 on-base percentage and a .429 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Diamondbacks.
- Geraldo Perdomo has four doubles, a triple, a home run and five walks while batting .389.
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Seth Lugo (SD)||Pitcher||Zac Gallen (ARI)|
|2 – 0||W/L||2 – 1|
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Padres: David Dahl: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Luis Campusano: 10 Day IL (Thumb sprain), Adam Engel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Nabil Crismatt: 15 Day IL (Hip strain), Drew Pomeranz: 15 Day IL (Elbow/flexor), José Castillo: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Joe Musgrove: 15 Day IL (Toe), Robert Suarez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adrian Morejon: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Carson Kelly: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Joe Mantiply: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Jose Herrera: day-to-day (Head)