Table of Contents
The New York Mets (14-8) visit the San Francisco Giants (7-13) on Sunday at 7:08 PM ET. The Mets are moneyline favorites (-119) against the underdog Giants (+100). New York’s Tylor Megill starts against San Francisco’s Ross Stripling.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Giants
- Game Day: Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: ESPN
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 10th in MLB play with 25 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York ranks 18th in MLB with a .242 batting average.
- The Mets are fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .343.
- New York strikes out 7.1 times per game to rank third in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (18 total in road outings).
- New York is slugging .394 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .246 away from home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 24 hits, batting .279 this season with 11 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Alonso ranks 56th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .368/.479/.526 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of 1.005.
- Among qualifying batters, Nimmo ranks third in batting average, second in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Nimmo brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 18 base hits, an OBP of .337 and a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Jeff McNeil has been key for New York with 22 hits, an OBP of .415 plus a slugging percentage of .403.
- McNeil has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank third in Major League Baseball with 32 home runs.
- San Francisco ranks 21st in MLB with a .235 team batting average.
- The Giants have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- San Francisco ranks last in strikeouts per game (10.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their nine home contests this season.
- San Francisco has a team slugging percentage of .365 in home games this season with 19 extra-base hits.
- In nine home games this season, they have a batting average of .226 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Thairo Estrada has racked up a team-best .500 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Estrada’s batting average places him 14th, his on-base percentage is 42nd, and he is 38th in slugging.
- Estrada hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a walk.
- Wilmer Flores has three doubles, three home runs and four walks while hitting .295.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Flores is 43rd in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .257 with four doubles, four home runs and three walks.
- J.D. Davis leads his team with 19 hits.
Mets vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Tylor Megill (NYM)||Pitcher||Ross Stripling (SF)|
|3 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Mets vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Mets: Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back spasms), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Stephen Nogosek: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Stephen Ridings: 15 Day IL (Lat), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Giants: Joc Pederson: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Austin Slater: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Mitch Haniger: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Alex Wood: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Luke Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis González: 60 Day IL (Back), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Left arm), Bryce Johnson: 7 Day IL (Concussion)