Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (5-21) host the Cincinnati Reds (10-15) on Friday at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, beginning at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics are favored on the moneyline (-112), while the Reds are -108 underdogs. The Reds are spread favorites (1.5) with +149 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Oakland’s Kyle Muller gets the start against Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Athletics vs. Reds
- Game Day: Friday, April 28, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Athletics vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics rank 14th in MLB action with 29 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Oakland is 26th in MLB with a .223 batting average.
- The Athletics’ .304 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in baseball.
- Oakland strikes out 9.1 times per game to rank 21st in baseball.
- The Athletics average 0.8 homers per home game this season (nine total at home).
- Oakland is slugging .322 with 2.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 6.8 hits per game and is batting .206.
Athletics Key Batters
- Brent Rooker is batting .305 with two doubles, seven home runs and 13 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .425 while slugging .695.
- Shea Langeliers leads Oakland with 18 hits. He is batting .222 this season and has eight extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .469 with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Among all qualified batters, he is 142nd in batting average, 129th in on-base percentage and 56th in slugging percentage.
- Esteury Ruiz is slashing .258/.337/.312 this season and leads the Athletics with an OPS of .648.
- Tony Kemp is batting .163 with a .261 OBP and seven RBI for Oakland this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 16 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Cincinnati has a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Cincinnati ranks 21st with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.2 home runs per game in their 10 road contests this season.
- In 10 road games this season, it is slugging .278 with 16 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.1 base hits per game and batting .215 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has accumulated a slugging percentage of .404, a team-high for the Reds. He’s batting .281 with an on-base percentage of .394.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, his batting average is 43rd, his on-base percentage is 21st, and he is 100th in slugging.
- TJ Friedl leads his team with 25 hits and has a club-leading .440 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .298 with an on-base percentage of .355.
- He is currently 29th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 73rd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Spencer Steer is batting .260 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Jake Fraley has three doubles, a home run and 11 walks while hitting .214.
Athletics vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Muller (OAK)||Pitcher||Luis Cessa (CIN)|
|0 – 2||W/L||0 – 3|
Athletics vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Athletics: Ramón Laureano: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Seth Brown: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Manny Piña: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Trevor May: 15 Day IL (Personal), Adrian Martinez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Reds: Wil Myers: 10 Day IL (Undisclosed), Joey Votto: 10 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Connor Overton: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 15 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)