Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (16-12) and the Kansas City Royals (7-21) square off on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-218) against the underdog Royals (+181). Sonny Gray gets the starting nod for Minnesota, and Brady Singer is Kansas City’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Sunday, April 30, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank fifth-best in MLB play with 37 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Twins are 23rd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .308.
- Minnesota’s hitters strike out 9.3 times per game, the 27th-most in MLB.
- The Twins have hit 20 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Minnesota has a .433 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .248 with 123 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton has 23 hits, which ranks first among Minnesota hitters this season, while batting .247 with 12 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .317 and a slugging percentage of .516.
- Among all qualifying batters, he is 104th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 111th, and he is 34th in slugging.
- Buxton hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Jose Miranda has hit three homers this season while driving in 12 runs. He’s batting .243 this season and slugging .355 with an on-base percentage of .308.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 114th, his on-base percentage 121st, and his slugging percentage 135th.
- Miranda heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Joey Gallo is batting .226 with a .717 slugging percentage and 14 RBI this year.
- Trevor Larnach has 22 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .349.
- Larnach enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 20 home runs as a team.
- Kansas City ranks last in MLB with a team batting average of just .218.
- The Royals are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .277.
- Kansas City ranks 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 13 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 15 road contests this season.
- Kansas City is slugging .381 in 15 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.3 base hits per game and batting .241 on the road this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Vinnie Pasquantino has racked up an on-base percentage of .368, a slugging percentage of .480, and has 26 hits, all club-highs for the Royals (while batting .260).
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 73rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 47th and he is 50th in slugging.
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces his team with a .411 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .232 with an on-base percentage of .277.
- His batting average is 131st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 161st, and he is 97th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez has a .429 slugging percentage, which leads the Royals.
- Edward Olivares is batting .291 with six doubles, two triples, two home runs and five walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Sonny Gray (MIN)||Pitcher||Brady Singer (KC)|
|3 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Twins vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Twins: Kyle Farmer: 10 Day IL (Face), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: day-to-day (Elbow)
- Royals: Drew Waters: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kris Bubic: 15 Day IL (Flexor), Daniel Lynch: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)