Table of Contents
Bookmakers don’t expect the Texas Rangers (17-11), at +150 on the moneyline, to extend their three-game winning streak when they play the Arizona Diamondbacks (16-13), at -175, on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. Zac Gallen starts for Arizona, and Jon Gray is Texas’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 24th in MLB action with 25 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- Arizona has the fourth-best batting average in the majors (.266).
- The Diamondbacks’ .317 on-base percentage ranks 19th in baseball.
- Arizona strikes out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-best mark in the majors.
- The Diamondbacks have hit 14 home runs away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- Arizona is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .250.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has 31 hits and an OBP of .383 to go with a slugging percentage of .557. All three of those stats are tops among Arizona hitters this season. He has a .320 batting average, as well.
- Among the qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 10th, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Carroll hopes to build on an eight-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .400 with six doubles, a triple, seven walks and an RBI.
- Geraldo Perdomo is batting .383 with six doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks, while slugging .617 with an on-base percentage of .456.
- Christian Walker is batting .248 with a .426 slugging percentage and 19 RBI this year.
- Ketel Marte has three home runs, eight RBI and a batting average of .253 this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 38 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- Texas ranks seventh in MLB with a .258 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .338 this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Texas ranks 12th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 16 games at home this season, they’ve hit 26 homers, an average of 1.6 per contest.
- Texas has a team slugging percentage of .475 in home games this season with 57 extra-base hits.
- In 16 home games this season, they have a batting average of .269 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has a team-best .455 slugging percentage. He’s batting .268 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 67th in batting average, 76th in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .267 with four doubles, eight home runs and nine walks. He’s slugging .533 with an on-base percentage of .322.
- His batting average is 68th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 106th, and he is 28th in slugging.
- Jonah Heim has put up an on-base percentage of .386 and has 23 hits, both team-high marks for the Rangers.
- Nate Lowe is hitting .257 with 10 doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Diamondbacks vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Zac Gallen (ARI)||Pitcher||Jon Gray (TEX)|
|4 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Diamondbacks vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Carson Kelly: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Corbin Carroll: day-to-day (Knee)
- Rangers: Mitch Garver: 10 Day IL (Knee), Corey Seager: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Spencer Howard: 60 Day IL (Lat), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat)