Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (12-17) have a 2-0 series lead and will look for a sweep of the New York Mets (16-15) on Thursday at Comerica Park. The Mets are favored (-182) against the underdog Tigers (+155) in the matchup, which begins at 1:10 PM ET. Justin Verlander takes the mound first for New York, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB play with 34 total home runs.
- New York’s .241 batting average ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Mets rank 10th in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- New York strikes out 7.5 times per game to rank third in baseball.
- The Mets have hit 22 homers away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- New York is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .395 on the road.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .243 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 30 hits, which is best among New York hitters this season, while batting .250 with 14 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .323 and a slugging percentage of .550.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 93rd, his on-base percentage ranks 103rd, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Alonso will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .217 with 11 doubles, five home runs and 13 walks, while slugging .443 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- He ranks 152nd in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging in MLB.
- Lindor has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil leads New York in OBP (.408) this season, fueled by 32 hits.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in slugging percentage (.438) thanks to 10 extra-base hits.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 24 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .291 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit ranks 21st with an average of 9.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 14 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 14 home contests this season.
- Detroit is slugging .392 in 14 home games this season.
- In 14 home games this season, they have a batting average of .253 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez is hitting .237 with five doubles, a home run and six walks. He’s slugging .320 with an on-base percentage of .292.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 117th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 148th and he is 161st in slugging.
- Matt Vierling has racked up 25 hits with a .333 on-base percentage to pace his team in both. He has a batting average of .281 while slugging .416.
- His batting average is 47th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .210 with five doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Nick Maton is hitting .151 with three doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Mets vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Justin Verlander (NYM)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Mets vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Mets: Tim Locastro: 10 Day IL (Back spasms), Omar Narváez: 10 Day IL (Calf), Brooks Raley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Verlander: 15 Day IL (Teres major), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Left ankle), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Tigers: Kerry Carpenter: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Trey Wingenter: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Beau Brieske: 15 Day IL (Arm), Matt Manning: 60 Day IL (Foot), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tarik Skubal: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Miguel Cabrera: day-to-day (Illness)