Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (19-14) host the Texas Rangers (18-13) on Saturday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, starting at 9:07 PM ET. The Angels are favored on the moneyline (-115), while the Rangers are -105 underdogs. The Rangers are the spread favorite (1.5) with +157 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Los Angeles has Reid Detmers starting, and Texas counters with Nathan Eovaldi.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: BSW
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are sixth-best in baseball with 44 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Angels are seventh in MLB with a .333 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.2 times per game to rank 11th in the majors.
- The Angels average 1.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (25 total in home outings).
- Los Angeles is slugging .480 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .263 with 124 hits (8.9 per game) at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has an OPS of .890, fueled by an OBP of .365 and a team-best slugging percentage of .525 this season. He has a .295 batting average.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 34th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 51st, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Mike Trout has 36 hits and an OBP of .400 to go with a slugging percentage of .580. All three of those stats lead Los Angeles hitters this season. He’s batting .303.
- He ranks 25th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 11th in slugging in the majors.
- Trout has picked up a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .254 with a .476 slugging percentage and 21 RBI this year.
- Renfroe takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with an RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .230 with a .324 OBP and 14 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 43 home runs.
- Texas has a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .338 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- Texas ranks 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 Ks per contest.
- In 13 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 12 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Texas has a team slugging percentage of .390 in away games this season with 41 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .239 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has a .373 on-base percentage and a .472 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Rangers. He’s batting .285.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, his batting average places him 43rd, his on-base percentage ranks 38th, and he is 56th in slugging.
- Semien enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles, five walks and two RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .243 with four doubles, eight home runs and 11 walks. He’s slugging .487 with an on-base percentage of .303.
- He ranks 111th in batting average, 139th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Jonah Heim has put up a team-best OBP (.373), while leading the Rangers in hits (27).
- Nate Lowe is hitting .254 with 10 doubles, four home runs and 14 walks.
Angels vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Reid Detmers (LAA)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|0 – 2||W/L||3 – 2|
Angels vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Angels: Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), Jared Walsh: 10 Day IL (Headaches), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), José Quijada: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Rangers: Mitch Garver: 10 Day IL (Knee), Corey Seager: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Spencer Howard: 60 Day IL (Lat), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat)