Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (14-18) host the Minnesota Twins (19-14) on Saturday at Progressive Field, starting at 6:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored on the moneyline (-111), while the Twins are -109 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread (1.5) with +161 odds. Cleveland’s Logan Allen starts against Minnesota’s Sonny Gray.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Twins
- Game Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 17 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland has the third-worst batting average in the majors (.224).
- The Guardians are 24th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .303.
- Cleveland’s hitters strike out 7.7 times per game, the third-lowest average in MLB.
- The Guardians average 0.3 homers per home game this season (four total at home).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .317 at home.
- The team is batting .212 with 89 hits (6.8 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 35 hits and an OBP of .396, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .447. He’s batting .285.
- Among all qualified batters, he ranks 43rd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 20th, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with three walks.
- Steven Kwan is batting .268 with four doubles, a triple and 21 walks. He’s slugging .315 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- He ranks 72nd in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 161st in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Josh Bell has collected 23 base hits, an OBP of .328 and a slugging percentage of .366 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has two home runs, eight RBI and a batting average of .230 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 43 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- Minnesota has a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Minnesota ranks just 29th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 22 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 17 road contests this season.
- Minnesota has a team slugging percentage of .364 in away games this season with 47 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 6.8 base hits per game and batting .202 on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Byron Buxton has accumulated a team-best OBP (.346) and slugging percentage (.555), and leads the Twins in hits (28, while batting .255).
- He ranks 91st in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Joey Gallo is batting .179 with three doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 12 walks. He’s slugging .567 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- Carlos Correa has five doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks while batting .198.
- Jose Miranda has three doubles, three home runs and nine walks while hitting .215.
Guardians vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Logan Allen (CLE)||Pitcher||Sonny Gray (MIN)|
|1 – 1||W/L||4 – 0|
Guardians vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Twins: Kyle Farmer: 10 Day IL (Face), Kenta Maeda: 15 Day IL (Tricep), Caleb Thielbar: 15 Day IL (Oblique strain), Ronny Henriquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gilberto Celestino: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow)