Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (20-15) will look to Christian Walker, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they take on the Miami Marlins (17-19). The Diamondbacks are moneyline favorites (-116) in this outing against the Marlins (-103), which begins at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday at Chase Field. Arizona has Brandon Pfaadt starting things off, while Miami counters with Jesus Luzardo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 16th in baseball with 38 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Arizona has the second-best batting average in MLB (.273).
- The Diamondbacks rank ninth in MLB with a .331 on-base percentage.
- Arizona strikes out 7.5 times per game, the second-best mark in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks have hit 18 homers at home this season (1.0 per game).
- Arizona is slugging .470 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team averages 9.9 hits per game and is batting .292 at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Walker has 37 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .563, both of which are tops among Arizona hitters this season. He has a .289 batting average and an on-base percentage of .324.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 40th in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Walker hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .409 with three doubles, six home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 10 walks. He’s batting .310 and slugging .522 with an on-base percentage of .368.
- He ranks 16th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Ketel Marte has 32 hits this season and has a slash line of .264/.324/.496.
- Marte heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a triple, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona in OBP (.376) this season, fueled by 35 hits.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 30 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Miami ranks 15th in MLB with a .246 team batting average.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Miami ranks 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 18 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 17 road contests this season.
- In 17 road games this season, it is slugging .379 with 46 hits going for extra bases.
- In 17 road games this season, they have a batting average of .235 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated 48 hits with a .481 on-base percentage and a .509 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Marlins. He’s batting .414.
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, he is first in batting average, first in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage.
- Arraez hopes to build on an 11-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .389 with a double, four walks and three RBI.
- Jorge Soler has nine doubles, seven home runs and 13 walks while batting .226. He’s slugging .468 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- He is currently 134th in batting average, 124th in on-base percentage and 59th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Jon Berti is hitting .267 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Yuli Gurriel is batting .269 with three doubles, three home runs and four walks.
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Brandon Pfaadt (ARI)||Pitcher||Jesús Luzardo (MIA)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Kyle Lewis: 10 Day IL (Illness), Carson Kelly: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Zach Davies: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Cole Sulser: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)
- Marlins: Garrett Cooper: 10 Day IL (Ear infection), Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), JT Chargois: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)