Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (22-16) and the St. Louis Cardinals (13-25) square off on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored (-140) against the underdog Cardinals (+120). James Paxton starts for Boston while St. Louis will counter with Adam Wainwright.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Cardinals?
- TV Channel: NESN
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank seventh-best in MLB action with 49 total home runs.
- Boston ranks third in the majors with a .269 batting average.
- The Red Sox are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Boston’s batters strike out 7.9 times per game, the fifth-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Red Sox average 1.4 homers per home game this season (27 total at home).
- Boston has a .489 slugging percentage and is averaging 4.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 10.5 hits per game and is batting .297 at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Alex Verdugo leads Boston OPS (.884) this season. He has a .308 batting average, an on-base percentage of .384, and a slugging percentage of .500.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, he is 17th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging.
- Rafael Devers leads Boston with 36 hits. He is batting .248 this season and has 20 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .538 with an on-base percentage of .311.
- His batting average ranks 96th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 121st, and his slugging percentage 19th.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .298 with a .496 slugging percentage and 24 RBI this year.
- Justin Turner has three home runs, 14 RBI and a batting average of .277 this season.
- Turner enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals’ 45 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- St. Louis has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks 10th among MLB teams.
- The Cardinals have an on-base percentage of .327 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- St. Louis ranks 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 19 road contests this season.
- In 19 road games this season, it is slugging .385 with 50 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .240 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has totaled 45 hits with a .389 on-base percentage and a .544 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Cardinals. He’s batting .306.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 18th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage.
- Nolan Gorman is hitting .255 with five doubles, eight home runs and 16 walks. He’s slugging .518 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- He is currently 87th in batting average, 60th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Tommy Edman is batting .239 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 walks.
- Willson Contreras is batting .258 with 10 doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
Red Sox vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers
|James Paxton (BOS)||Pitcher||Adam Wainwright (STL)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Red Sox vs. Cardinals Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Kutter Crawford: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)
- Cardinals: Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)