Table of Contents
Jonah Heim leads the Texas Rangers (23-14) into a matchup against Brent Rooker and the Oakland Athletics (8-31) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Heim is hitting .313, the 10th-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Rangers (-130), and Rooker ranks ninth in MLB play with a .315 batting average this season for the underdog Athletics (+110). Martin Perez starts for Texas, and Ken Waldichuk is Oakland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank eighth in baseball with 48 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Texas ranks sixth in the majors with a .263 batting average.
- The Rangers are fifth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Texas strikes out 9.2 times per game to rank 23rd in baseball.
- The Rangers average 0.9 home runs per road game this season (17 total on the road).
- Texas is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .397 away from home.
- The team averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .253 away from home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas with a slugging percentage of .490, fueled by 16 extra-base hits. He has a .289 batting average and an on-base percentage of .374.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 36th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 47th in slugging.
- Semien hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .245 with five doubles, nine home runs and 15 walks, while slugging .475 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 105th in batting average, 114th in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging percentage.
- Heim leads Texas with 36 hits and an OBP of .378 this season.
- Heim has recorded a hit in 10 straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .381 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Nate Lowe has been key for Texas with 38 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .429.
- Lowe enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .275 with a double, a triple, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 43 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- Oakland ranks last in strikeouts per game (9.4) among MLB offenses.
- In 19 games at home this season, they’ve hit 14 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Oakland is slugging .324 in 19 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .208 with 6.8 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Rooker has accumulated a team-high OBP (.424), and paces the Athletics in hits (34). He’s batting .315 and slugging.
- He is ninth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Rooker hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles and two walks.
- Esteury Ruiz’s .351 slugging percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .272 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- He is currently 57th in batting average, 83rd in on-base percentage and 140th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .237 with eight doubles, a triple, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .221 with two doubles, a triple, six home runs and nine walks.
Rangers vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Martín Pérez (TEX)||Pitcher||Ken Waldichuk (OAK)|
|4 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Rangers vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Rangers: Travis Jankowski: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Corey Seager: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mitch Garver: 10 Day IL (Knee), Jacob deGrom: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Spencer Howard: 60 Day IL (Lat), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat)
- Athletics: Seth Brown: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Aledmys Díaz: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Trevor May: 15 Day IL (Personal), Adrian Martinez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Ramón Laureano: day-to-day (Head)