Table of Contents
Cedric Mullins leads the Baltimore Orioles (25-13) into a matchup against the Pittsburgh Pirates (21-18) a game after he hit for the cycle in a 6-3 win over the Pirates. The Orioles are favored (-163) against the Pirates (+139) in this outing, which begins at 7:05 PM ET on Saturday. Baltimore’s Tyler Wells and Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in baseball with 43 total home runs.
- Baltimore has the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.253).
- The Orioles’ .336 on-base percentage is sixth-best in baseball.
- Baltimore’s hitters strike out 8.2 times per game, the seventh-lowest average in MLB.
- The Orioles average 0.9 homers per home game this season (16 total at home).
- Baltimore is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .410 in home contests.
- The club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Mullins is hitting .268 with eight doubles, three triples, five home runs and 21 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .365 and a slugging percentage of .478.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he ranks 68th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage, and 54th in slugging.
- Mullins has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore with an OBP of .407 this season while batting .281 with 31 walks and 19 runs scored. He’s slugging .432.
- He is 46th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging in the majors.
- Rutschman brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle has hit eight homers with a team-high .484 SLG this season.
- Jorge Mateo is batting .271 with a .316 OBP and 20 RBI for Baltimore this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 40 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- Pittsburgh has a team batting average of .245 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.326).
- Pittsburgh ranks 12th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- In 20 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 24 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Pittsburgh has a team slugging percentage of .438 in away games this season with 73 extra-base hits.
- In 20 road games this season, they have a batting average of .254 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-best .514 slugging percentage. He’s batting .296 with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 31st, his on-base percentage ranks 78th, and he is 32nd in slugging.
- Reynolds heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .150 with a double and a walk.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .248 with five doubles, seven home runs and 21 walks. He’s slugging .478 with an on-base percentage of .362.
- He ranks 97th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has nine doubles, two triples, a home run and 14 walks while hitting .241.
- Carlos Santana is batting .246 with 11 doubles, two home runs and 18 walks.
Orioles vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Wells (BAL)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|2 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Orioles vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Orioles: Ramón Urías: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Knee), Dillon Tate: 15 Day IL (Elbow), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Vince Velásquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Rob Zastryzny: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)