Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (20-18) will try to keep a three-game win streak intact when they visit the Chicago White Sox (13-27) on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. The Astros (+105) are not favored to extend the streak against the White Sox (-125). Chicago has Dylan Cease starting, and Houston counters with Brandon Bielak.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Astros
- Game Day: Saturday, May 13, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Astros?
- TV Channel: FOX
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 17th in baseball with 41 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Chicago has the 22nd-ranked batting average in MLB (.235).
- The White Sox are 28th in MLB with a .298 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 15 average in MLB.
- The White Sox have hit 16 homers at home this season (0.9 per game).
- Chicago is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .376 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .248 with 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .339 while slugging .423.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 97th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 73rd, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.517) and total hits (38) this season. He’s batting .262 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- His batting average ranks 76th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 91st, and his slugging percentage 29th.
- Robert brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has 36 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.309/.312.
- Yasmani Grandal leads Chicago with an OBP of .349 this season while batting .270 with 12 walks and 11 runs scored.
- Grandal has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros’ 34 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- Houston’s .238 batting average ranks 19th in the majors this season.
- The Astros have an on-base percentage of .309 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Houston is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking fifth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 19 road contests this season.
- In 19 road games this season, it is slugging .394 with 57 hits going for extra bases.
- In 19 road games this season, they have a batting average of .248 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has put up a team-best OBP (.388), and paces the Astros in hits (33). He’s batting .282 and slugging.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, his batting average ranks 44th, his on-base percentage is 19th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Alvarez enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .306 with three doubles, three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .263 with five doubles, six home runs and 21 walks. He’s slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- His batting average ranks 73rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 53rd, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 25 walks while hitting .201.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .242 with nine doubles, six home runs and seven walks.
White Sox vs. Astros Probable Pitchers
|Dylan Cease (CHW)||Pitcher||Brandon Bielak (HOU)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
White Sox vs. Astros Injury Updates
- White Sox: Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Eloy Jiménez: 10 Day IL (Appendix), Romy Gonzalez: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Burger: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Liam Hendriks: 15 Day IL (Illness), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Astros: Jose Altuve: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Urquidy: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Garcia: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day IL (Spine), Chas McCormick: day-to-day (Back)