Table of Contents
Brenton Doyle leads the Colorado Rockies (18-24) into a matchup against the Cincinnati Reds (18-23) after he homered twice in a 9-8 win over the Reds. The Rockies are favored (-129) against the Reds (+110) in this outing, which begins at 8:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Colorado has Chase Anderson starting things off, and Cincinnati will counter with Brandon Williamson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rockies vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
How Do I Watch the Rockies vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: SportsNet RM
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies are 25th in MLB play with 36 total home runs.
- Colorado is 12th in MLB with a .255 batting average.
- The Rockies are 18th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .316.
- Colorado’s 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 17th in baseball.
- The Rockies have hit 19 homers at home this season (1.0 per game).
- Colorado is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .455 at home.
- The team is batting .287 with 194 hits (9.7 per game) at home this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- Charlie Blackmon leads Colorado with 38 hits and an OBP of .373 this season. He has a .279 batting average and a slugging percentage of .426.
- He ranks 50th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage, and 81st in slugging among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Blackmon has recorded at least one hit in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .289 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and eight RBI.
- Kris Bryant has hit five homers this season while driving in 14 runs. He’s batting .291 this season and slugging .424 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- Among all qualified, he is 34th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 84th in slugging percentage.
- Elias Diaz has 38 hits this season and has a slash line of .328/.380/.457.
- Diaz heads into this matchup with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two walks.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .230 with a .319 OBP and 15 RBI for Colorado this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit just 32 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Cincinnati’s .247 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- Cincinnati ranks 24th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 20 road contests this season.
- In 20 road games this season, it is slugging .345 with 46 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India has put up a .388 on-base percentage and a .437 slugging percentage, both team-best averages for the Reds. He’s batting .298.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 24th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .273 with five doubles, five home runs and 16 walks. He’s slugging .455 with an on-base percentage of .367.
- He is currently 58th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 64th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Spencer Steer is batting .254 with 10 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 16 walks.
- Nick Senzel is batting .276 with five doubles, three home runs and 11 walks.
Rockies vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Chase Anderson (COL)||Pitcher||Brandon Williamson (CIN)|
|2 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Rockies vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Rockies: C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), German Márquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 15 Day IL (Skull), Dinelson Lamet: 15 Day IL (Back), Nick Mears: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Noah Davis: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sean Bouchard: 60 Day IL (Biceps)
- Reds: TJ Friedl: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Nick Lodolo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Casey Legumina: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Fernando Cruz: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tony Santillan: 60 Day IL (Back), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Joey Votto: 60 Day IL (Bicep/shoulder), Tejay Antone: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)