Table of Contents
Cal Raleigh leads the Seattle Mariners (21-20) into a matchup against the Boston Red Sox (22-20) after his two-home run showing in a 10-1 win over the Red Sox. The Mariners are favorites (-161) in this game against the underdog Red Sox (+138), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday. Luis Castillo starts for Seattle, and Nick Pivetta is Boston’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 16th in MLB play with 44 total home runs.
- Seattle ranks 26th in the majors with a .228 batting average.
- The Mariners’ .306 on-base percentage ranks 25th in MLB.
- Seattle’s batters strike out 9.7 times per game, the 28th-most in the majors.
- The Mariners have hit 26 home runs on the road this season (1.4 per game).
- Seattle is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .398 away from home.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .233.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has an OPS of .752, fueled by an OBP of .358 and a team-best slugging percentage of .394 this season. He has a .277 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 49th, and he is 110th in slugging.
- France has recorded a base hit in 12 straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in total hits (41) this season while batting .291 with 20 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .553 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average ranks him 34th, his on-base percentage 71st, and his slugging percentage 13th.
- Julio Rodriguez has 35 hits this season and has a slash line of .216/.287/.401.
- Rodriguez heads into this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 31 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .373.
- Crawford has hit safely in eight straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .289 with two doubles, six walks and seven RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 51 home runs.
- Boston has a team batting average of .267 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking second with an OBP of .339.
- Boston is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking fifth with an average of 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 24 games at home this season, they’ve hit 29 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 24 home games this season, it is slugging .471 with 92 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .290 with 10.1 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 42 hits. He’s batting .261 and slugging .534 with an on-base percentage of .309.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 81st, his on-base percentage ranks 124th, and he is 19th in slugging.
- Devers hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Alex Verdugo paces his team with a .484 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .298 with an on-base percentage of .372.
- He ranks 24th in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Masataka Yoshida a has .380 on-base percentage to pace the Red Sox.
- Justin Turner has nine doubles, three home runs and 20 walks while hitting .265.
Mariners vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Luis Castillo (SEA)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 3|
Mariners vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Mariners: Dylan Moore: 10 Day IL (Olique), Penn Murfee: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Easton McGee: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Andres Munoz: 15 Day IL (Deltoid), Robbie Ray: 15 Day IL (Flexor), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Red Sox: Christian Arroyo: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Kutter Crawford: 15 Day IL (Knee), Garrett Whitlock: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), John Schreiber: day-to-day (Side), Kiké Hernández: day-to-day (Hamstring)