Table of Contents
Pete Alonso takes a four-game home run streak into the New York Mets’ (23-23) matchup against the Cleveland Guardians (20-24) and Gabriel Arias, who has hit home runs in two straight games. The Mets are the moneyline favorite (-167) for this matchup against the Guardians (+142), which begins at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday at Citi Field. New York’s Max Scherzer starts against Cleveland’s Tanner Bibee.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: WPIX
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 14th in MLB action with 51 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York has the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.241).
- The Mets are 14th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .323.
- New York’s batters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in the majors.
- The Mets average 1.3 homers per home game this season (24 total at home).
- New York is slugging .404 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .235.
Mets Key Batters
- Alonso leads New York in total hits (40) this season while batting .233 with 20 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .330 and a slugging percentage of .547.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he is 122nd in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Alonso will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with four home runs, a walk and 10 RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .235 with 15 doubles, six home runs and 16 walks. He’s slugging .419 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- He is 118th in batting average, 119th in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging in MLB.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .295/.381/.410 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .792.
- Nimmo has recorded a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .130 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has been key for New York with 47 hits, an OBP of .363 plus a slugging percentage of .365.
- McNeil has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .286 with a walk and three RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 26 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .229 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than Cleveland, which has struck out only 7.3 times per game on average.
- In 23 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 16 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- In 23 road games this season, it is slugging .347 with 54 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .234 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has put up a team-high OBP (.365), while leading the Guardians in hits (43). He’s batting .279 and slugging.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he is 48th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging percentage.
- Steven Kwan is slugging .345 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .263 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average puts him 76th, his on-base percentage is 55th, and he is 152nd in slugging.
- Josh Naylor is batting .233 with four doubles, seven home runs and 11 walks.
- Josh Bell has 10 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks while hitting .229.
Mets vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Max Scherzer (NYM)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|3 – 2||W/L||1 – 1|
Mets vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Mets: Tomás Nido: 10 Day IL (Eye), Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib)
- Guardians: Aaron Civale: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Peyton Battenfield: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)