Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (28-21) have lost two games in a row as they ready to square off against the Oakland Athletics (10-42), who have fallen in eight in a row. The Astros are favored (-274) to halt their streak in Friday’s matchup, which starts at 9:40 PM ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Houston has Hunter Brown starting, while Oakland will counter with James Kaprielian.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in MLB play with 45 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 16th in the majors with a .244 batting average.
- The Astros are 19th in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- Houston strikes out 8.0 times per game to rank sixth in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.0 homers per game when playing away from home this season (24 total in road contests).
- Houston is slugging .392 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .246 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 46 hits and an OBP of .403, both of which are tops among Houston hitters this season. He has a .297 batting average and a slugging percentage of .600.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, he is 17th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston in slugging percentage (.448) thanks to 16 extra-base hits. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .356.
- Among qualifiers, he is 50th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Tucker heads into this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with two walks and an RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .219 with a .358 slugging percentage and 23 RBI this year.
- Jeremy Pena has been key for Houston with 46 hits, an OBP of .286 plus a slugging percentage of .405.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 54 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .299.
- Oakland is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 25 home contests this season.
- Oakland is slugging .344 in 25 home games this season.
- They are averaging 7.0 base hits per game and batting .212 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a team-best .365 slugging percentage. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average places him 50th, his on-base percentage ranks 80th, and he is 134th in slugging.
- Brent Rooker has 41 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .268 while slugging .529 with an on-base percentage of .374.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 64th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 19th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Noda has racked up an on-base percentage of .398, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .204 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 13 walks.
Astros vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Brown (HOU)||Pitcher||James Kaprielian (OAK)|
|4 – 1||W/L||0 – 4|
Astros vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Astros: Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Urquidy: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Garcia: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jose Altuve: day-to-day (Illness)
- Athletics: Zach Jackson: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Drew Rucinski: 15 Day IL (Illness), Mason Miller: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Paul Blackburn: 15 Day IL (Finger), Dany Jimenez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Kirby Snead: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Manny Piña: 60 Day IL (Wrist)