Table of Contents
The Washington Nationals (21-29) will look to Lane Thomas, who is currently on a 10-game hitting streak, when they square off against the Kansas City Royals (15-36). The Royals are favored (-126) in this matchup against the Nationals (+107), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Friday at Kauffman Stadium. Kansas City’s Jordan Lyles starts against Washington’s Patrick Corbin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Royals vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
How Do I Watch the Royals vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: BSKC
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals average 1.0 home run per game to rank 22nd in baseball with 49 total home runs.
- Kansas City’s .229 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Royals rank last in MLB with an on-base percentage of .292.
- Kansas City’s 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 24th in the majors.
- The Royals have hit 28 homers at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Kansas City is slugging .404 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .237.
Royals Key Batters
- Vinnie Pasquantino has an OPS of .829, fueled by an OBP of .347 to go with a slugging percentage of .481. He has a .262 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 79th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 56th, and he is 44th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez has 49 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .531, both of which are best among Kansas City hitters this season. He’s batting .280 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average ranks him 42nd, his on-base percentage 105th, and his slugging percentage 15th.
- Perez has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has collected 47 base hits, an OBP of .265 and a slugging percentage of .401 this season.
- Witt Jr. has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .200 with an RBI.
- Edward Olivares is batting .237 with a .304 OBP and 10 RBI for Kansas City this season.
- Olivares heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with a double and an RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 36 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington has a team batting average of .265 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.325).
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 18 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 22 road contests this season.
- In 22 road games this season, it is slugging .383 with 50 hits going for extra bases.
- In 22 road games this season, they have a batting average of .266 while averaging 9.3 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Thomas paces the Nationals with 55 hits. He’s batting .293 and slugging .457 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average ranks 25th, his on-base percentage is 60th, and he is 65th in slugging.
- Thomas enters this matchup on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .366 with four doubles, three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .258 with 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 13 walks. He’s slugging .441 with an on-base percentage of .317.
- His batting average is 87th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 112th, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- Luis Garcia is batting .262 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 12 walks.
- Joey Meneses’ .389 slugging percentage leads his team.
Royals vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Jordan Lyles (KC)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|0 – 8||W/L||3 – 5|
Royals vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Royals: Kyle Isbel: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Drew Waters: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Daniel Lynch: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Yarbrough: 60 Day IL (Head), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Zerpa: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Diego Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Nationals: Victor Robles: 10 Day IL (Back), Israel Pineda: 10 Day IL (Finger), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)