Table of Contents
Gio Urshela leads the Los Angeles Angels (28-24) into a matchup against Luis Arraez and the Miami Marlins (26-26) on Saturday at 10:07 PM ET at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Urshela is hitting .310, the eighth-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Angels (-199), and Arraez ranks first in MLB play with a .374 batting average this season for the underdog Marlins (+168). Los Angeles has Shohei Ohtani starting, while Miami counters with Edward Cabrera.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Saturday, May 27, 2023
- Game Time: 10:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Angels vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in baseball with 68 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The Angels’ .327 on-base percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 18 average in baseball.
- The Angels average 1.6 homers per home game this season (41 total at home).
- Los Angeles is slugging .460 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .259 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in slugging percentage (.523) thanks to 22 extra-base hits. He has a .275 batting average and an on-base percentage of .347.
- Among qualifying batters, he is 51st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 54th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Mike Trout leads the Angels in OBP (.366) and total hits (52) this season. He’s batting .280 while slugging .532.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 46th, his on-base percentage 29th, and his slugging percentage 14th.
- Trout has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has collected 50 base hits, an OBP of .310 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Urshela has an OPS of .692, fueled by an OBP of .330 and a team-best slugging percentage of .363 this season.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 51 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- Miami’s .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Marlins have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- Miami ranks 12th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 27 road contests this season.
- In 27 road games this season, it is slugging .414 with 79 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .256 with 9.0 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Jorge Soler is leading the Marlins with 49 hits. He’s batting .259 and slugging .566 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 81st in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 86th and he is fifth in slugging.
- Soler enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .348 with a double, four home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Arraez paces his team with a .427 OBP, and has a club-best .466 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .374.
- He is currently first in batting average, second in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .305 with 10 doubles, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel is batting .304 with four doubles, two triples, three home runs and seven walks.
Angels vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Edward Cabrera (MIA)|
|5 – 1||W/L||3 – 4|
Angels vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Angels: Anthony Rendon: 10 Day IL (Groin), Max Stassi: 10 Day IL (Hip ), José Suarez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Logan O’Hoppe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Marte: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Davis Daniel: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Jesús Sánchez: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Toe), A.J. Puk: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), Johnny Cueto: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nic Enright: 60 Day IL (Illness)