Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (38-15) host the Los Angeles Dodgers (31-21) on Saturday at Tropicana Field, starting at 4:10 PM ET. The Rays are favored on the moneyline (-115), while the Dodgers are -104 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread (1.5) with +160 odds. Tampa Bay has Tyler Glasnow set to start, while Los Angeles counters with Clayton Kershaw.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Saturday, May 27, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Dodgers?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Tampa Bay Rays average 1.9 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 99 home runs in total.
- Tampa Bay’s .271 batting average leads the majors.
- The Rays have a league-leading .347 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 14th in the majors.
- The Rays average 1.7 homers per home game this season (51 total at home).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .494 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .261 at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.490) thanks to 24 extra-base hits. He has a .292 batting average and an on-base percentage of .356.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Franco hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with two triples, three walks and three RBI.
- Yandy Diaz has 52 hits and an OBP of .435, both of which lead the Rays this season. He’s batting .333 and slugging .635.
- His batting average ranks third among qualified players, his on-base percentage first, and his slugging percentage first.
- Randy Arozarena has collected 56 base hits, an OBP of .412 and a slugging percentage of .536 this season.
- Josh Lowe is batting .306 with a .358 OBP and 36 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Lowe heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers’ 82 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles ranks 21st in MLB with a .238 team batting average.
- The Dodgers are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .329.
- Los Angeles ranks 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.0 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.5 home runs per game in their 28 road contests this season.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .428 in away games this season with 100 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .226 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman has racked up a team-best OBP (.408) and slugging percentage (.560), while leading the Dodgers in hits (69, while batting .333).
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, he is third in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage.
- Freeman hopes to build on a 15-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .425 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs, four walks and 10 RBI.
- Mookie Betts is hitting .251 with 14 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 33 walks. He’s slugging .513 with an on-base percentage of .365.
- He is currently 94th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Will Smith is hitting .325 with seven doubles, seven home runs and 23 walks.
- Max Muncy is hitting .198 with two doubles, 15 home runs and 32 walks.
Rays vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Glasnow (TB)||Pitcher||Clayton Kershaw (LAD)|
|0 – 0||W/L||6 – 4|
Rays vs. Dodgers Injury Updates
- Rays: Zack Littell: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Glasnow: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor strain), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Shawn Armstrong: 60 Day IL (Neck), Andrew Kittredge: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Dodgers: Julio Urías: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Groin), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Pepiot: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee)