Table of Contents
The New York Mets (27-27) and the Philadelphia Phillies (25-28) take the field on Tuesday at Citi Field, beginning at 7:10 PM ET. The Mets are favored on the moneyline (-115), while the Phillies are -105 underdogs, despite being favored against the spread (1.5) with +160 odds. New York’s Kodai Senga gets the start against Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Phillies?
- TV Channel: TBS
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 14th in MLB play with 62 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- New York has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.247).
- The Mets are 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- New York strikes out 7.4 times per game, the third-best average in MLB.
- The Mets average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (27 total in home outings).
- New York has a .408 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .241 with 162 hits (7.7 per game) at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 49 hits, batting .243 this season with 25 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .341 and a slugging percentage of .569.
- Among qualified hitters, he is 106th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 66th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Alonso will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a double, a triple, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .306/.392/.451 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .843.
- He ranks 10th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 71st in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Nimmo enters this matchup looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with three triples, five walks and two RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .225 with a .423 slugging percentage and 39 RBI this year.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .292 with a .370 OBP and 16 RBI for New York this season.
- McNeil has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two walks.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 55 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Philadelphia has a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have an OBP of .322 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Philadelphia ranks 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.0 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 29 road contests this season.
- Philadelphia is slugging .416 in 29 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Alec Bohm is hitting .269 with nine doubles, six home runs and 15 walks. He’s slugging .409 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 59th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 97th and he is 100th in slugging.
- Bohm takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is slugging .469 to lead his team. He has a batting average of .300 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- He is 15th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Bryson Stott has racked up a team-high .410 slugging percentage.
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .168 with five doubles, 13 home runs and 39 walks.
Mets vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Ranger Suárez (PHI)|
|4 – 3||W/L||0 – 1|
Mets vs. Phillies Injury Updates
- Mets: Jimmy Yacabonis: 15 Day IL (Quadricep), Edwin Uceta: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Omar Narváez: 60 Day IL (Calf), Tim Locastro: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day IL (Lat), Sam Coonrod: 60 Day IL (Lat), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), José Quintana: 60 Day IL (Rib), Jeff McNeil: day-to-day (Groin)
- Phillies: Cristian Pache: 10 Day IL (Knee), José Alvarado: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Darick Hall: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Rafael Marchan: 60 Day IL (Hand), Noah Song: 60 Day IL (Back), Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)