Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (38-20) will look to Marcus Semien, who is riding a 23-game hitting streak, when they face the St. Louis Cardinals (25-35). The Rangers are favored (-131) in this contest with the Cardinals (+111), which begins at 8:05 PM ET on Monday at Globe Life Field. Texas has Martin Perez set to start, while St. Louis will send out Adam Wainwright.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Monday, June 5, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Cardinals?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers are ninth in baseball with 77 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Texas has an MLB-best .278 batting average.
- The Rangers are the top team in MLB play this season with a .345 on-base percentage.
- Texas’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the majors.
- The Rangers have hit 47 homers at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Texas has a .517 slugging percentage and is averaging 4.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 10.0 hits per game and is batting .295.
Rangers Key Batters
- Semien has an OPS of .878, fueled by an OBP of .371 to go with a slugging percentage of .506. He has a .303 batting average, as well.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 13th, his on-base percentage ranks 19th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Semien will look for his 24th straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 games he is batting .311 with six doubles, two home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .260 with 10 doubles, 14 home runs and 20 walks. He’s slugging .498 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- His batting average ranks 71st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 102nd, and his slugging percentage 25th.
- Garcia heads into this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .409 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Nate Lowe has collected 65 base hits, an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Lowe has recorded a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Jonah Heim has seven home runs, 46 RBI and a batting average of .297 this season.
- Heim takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .342 with five doubles, a home run, a walk and 14 RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank fifth in Major League Baseball with 81 home runs.
- St. Louis’ .251 batting average ranks 13th in the majors this season.
- The Cardinals have an on-base percentage of .326 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- St. Louis has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the ninth-best strikeout rate (8.2 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 32 road contests this season.
- St. Louis has a team slugging percentage of .407 in away games this season with 97 extra-base hits.
- In 32 road games this season, they have a batting average of .239 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has a .396 on-base percentage and a .511 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Cardinals. He’s batting .296.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, his batting average puts him 18th, his on-base percentage ranks ninth, and he is 19th in slugging.
- Nolan Gorman has racked up 50 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .270 while slugging .551 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 55th, his on-base percentage is 39th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado has seven doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 17 walks while hitting .263.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .259 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 15 walks.
Rangers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers
|Martín Pérez (TEX)||Pitcher||Adam Wainwright (STL)|
|6 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Rangers vs. Cardinals Injury Updates
- Rangers: Brad Miller: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Jacob deGrom: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Joe Barlow: 15 Day IL (Illness), Spencer Howard: 60 Day IL (Lat), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Glenn Otto: 60 Day IL (Lat), Leody Taveras: day-to-day (Knee)
- Cardinals: Lars Nootbaar: 10 Day IL (Back), Dylan Carlson: 10 Day IL (Ankle), Tyler O’Neill: 10 Day IL (Back), Jake Woodford: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Packy Naughton: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Wilking Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)