Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (28-33) host the Boston Red Sox (31-31) on Thursday at Progressive Field, starting at 7:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored on the moneyline (-115), while the Red Sox are -105 underdogs. The Red Sox are favored against the spread (1.5) with +158 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Cleveland has Aaron Civale starting, while Boston counters with Matt Dermody.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 35 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.234).
- The Guardians are 27th in MLB with a .300 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland’s batters strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-lowest average in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (12 total in home outings).
- Cleveland has a .338 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.2 hits per game and is batting .226.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez is batting .260 with 17 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 25 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .328 while slugging .432.
- He is 73rd in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage, and 81st in slugging among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Ramirez has recorded a base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .095 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan leads the Guardians with an OPS of .679. He has a slash line of .255/.333/.346 this season.
- His batting average is 83rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 80th, and his slugging percentage 150th.
- Josh Naylor leads Cleveland with 50 hits. He is batting .270 this season and 19 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Naylor takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .471 with six doubles, a home run, four walks and 11 RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .236 with a .300 OBP and 14 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 66 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Boston ranks eighth in MLB with a .260 team batting average.
- The Red Sox are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .333.
- Boston has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the sixth-best strikeout rate (8.0 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 28 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 29 road contests this season.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .368 in away games this season with 81 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Masataka Yoshida has racked up 67 hits with a .391 on-base percentage and a .498 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Red Sox. He’s batting .318.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks fifth in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 12th and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .286 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .450 with an on-base percentage of .364.
- He is 30th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Rafael Devers is batting .246 with 15 doubles, 13 home runs and 16 walks.
- Justin Turner is batting .260 with 12 doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks.
Guardians vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Civale (CLE)||Pitcher||Matt Dermody (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Guardians vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Chris Sale: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), John Schreiber: 15 Day IL (Side), Richard Bleier: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Adam Duvall: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)