Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (35-28) take a six-game winning streak into a home matchup against the Chicago White Sox (28-36) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored (-143) to stop the underdog Marlins’ (+121) streak. Chicago’s Dylan Cease starts against Miami’s Eury Perez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox are 18th in baseball with 67 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Chicago’s .237 batting average ranks 21st in the majors.
- The White Sox are 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .295.
- Chicago strikes out 8.4 times per game to rank 14th in baseball.
- The White Sox average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (32 total in home outings).
- Chicago has a .403 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .254 with 265 hits (8.5 per game) at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 61 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .522. He’s batting .265 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he is 64th in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn has 56 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .332. He’s batting .247 and slugging .423.
- He is 101st in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Andrew Benintendi has 58 hits this season and has a slash line of .266/.326/.344.
- Jake Burger has been key for Chicago with 37 hits, an OBP of .314 plus a slugging percentage of .614.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 59 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- Miami has a team batting average of .261 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Miami ranks 11th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 29 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 34 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Miami has a team slugging percentage of .408 in away games this season with 82 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .255 with 9.0 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has a .452 on-base percentage and a .495 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Marlins. He’s batting .403.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he is first in batting average, first in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Arraez heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .667 with four doubles, a walk and nine RBI.
- Jorge Soler has racked up 53 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .242 while slugging .525 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 109th in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage and 14th in slugging percentage.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .299 with 12 doubles, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel is batting .275 with six doubles, three triples, three home runs and 13 walks.
White Sox vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Dylan Cease (CHW)||Pitcher||Eury Pérez (MIA)|
|3 – 3||W/L||3 – 1|
White Sox vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- White Sox: Billy Hamilton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Eloy Jiménez: day-to-day (Leg)
- Marlins: Jazz Chisholm: 10 Day IL (Toe), Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Back), Trevor Rogers: 15 Day IL (Forearm ), Matt Barnes: 15 Day IL (Hip), Johnny Cueto: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Tommy Nance: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Edward Cabrera: day-to-day (Finger)