Table of Contents
Jose Abreu takes a two-game home run streak into the Houston Astros’ (37-28) matchup with the Cleveland Guardians (30-34). The Guardians are favored (-146) over the Astros (+123), and it starts at 12:40 PM ET on Sunday at Progressive Field. Cleveland’s Shane Bieber and Houston’s Brandon Bielak pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Astros
- Game Day: Sunday, June 11, 2023
- Game Time: 12:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Astros?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB action with 40 home runs.
- Cleveland has the 21st-ranked batting average in MLB (.239).
- The Guardians’ .306 on-base percentage is 24th in MLB.
- Cleveland’s hitters strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 17 home runs at home this season (0.5 per game).
- Cleveland is slugging .363 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .237 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 67 hits and an OBP of .348 to go with a slugging percentage of .494. All three of those stats lead Cleveland hitters this season. He has a .278 batting average, as well.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 37th, his on-base percentage ranks 46th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Ramirez has recorded at least one hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .435 with two doubles, four home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .258 with 15 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 33 walks, while slugging .348 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 78th, his on-base percentage 69th, and his slugging percentage 146th.
- Kwan heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Josh Naylor is batting .283 with a .465 slugging percentage and 48 RBI this year.
- Naylor enters this matchup with 10 games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is batting .513 with seven doubles, a home run, three walks and 16 RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .235 with a .298 OBP and 17 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros’ 72 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- Houston ranks 14th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Astros have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Houston has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the eighth-best strikeout rate (8.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 33 road contests this season.
- In 33 road games this season, it is slugging .414 with 102 hits going for extra bases.
- In 33 road games this season, they have a batting average of .252 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman is batting .247 with eight doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 35 walks. He’s slugging .397 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- He ranks 101st in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 110th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Bregman hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .269 with 13 doubles, eight home runs and 29 walks. He’s slugging .432 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- His batting average ranks 54th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 51st, and he is 78th in slugging.
- Jeremy Pena has a .427 slugging percentage, which paces the Astros.
- Mauricio Dubon has 13 doubles, a triple, two home runs and eight walks while hitting .305.
Guardians vs. Astros Probable Pitchers
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||Pitcher||Brandon Bielak (HOU)|
|4 – 3||W/L||3 – 2|
Guardians vs. Astros Injury Updates
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cody Morris: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Astros: Yordan Alvarez: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Michael Brantley: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Jose Urquidy: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Lance McCullers Jr.: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow)