Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (28-37) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (34-30) meet on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Cubs are favored on the moneyline (-155) against the underdog Pirates (+135). Chicago’s Jameson Taillon starts against Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 16th in baseball with 72 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.243).
- The Cubs are 13th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Chicago strikes out 9.3 times per game, the No. 25 mark in baseball.
- The Cubs average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (34 total in home outings).
- Chicago has a .389 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .244 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has an OPS of .711, fueled by an OBP of .333 and a team-best slugging percentage of .378 this season. He has a .282 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, he is 32nd in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage, and 130th in slugging.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .254 with 13 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 34 walks, while slugging .395 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- He is 86th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in OBP (.385) this season, fueled by 59 hits.
- Seiya Suzuki has six home runs, 19 RBI and a batting average of .278 this season.
- Suzuki brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles and two walks.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 60 home runs.
- Pittsburgh’s .248 batting average ranks 16th in the majors this season.
- The Pirates have an OBP of .327 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the seventh-best strikeout rate (8.3 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 30 road contests this season.
- Pittsburgh is slugging .428 in 30 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .249 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has a .474 slugging percentage, which paces the Pirates. He’s batting .280 with an on-base percentage of .351.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 37th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 41st and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Reynolds enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, seven walks and an RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 15 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 15 walks while batting .261. He’s slugging .415 with an on-base percentage of .304.
- His batting average ranks 71st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 127th, and he is 95th in slugging.
- Andrew McCutchen a has .381 on-base percentage to lead the Pirates.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .227 with 15 doubles, four home runs and 30 walks.
Cubs vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Jameson Taillon (CHC)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|1 – 4||W/L||1 – 2|
Cubs vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Cubs: Edwin Ríos: 10 Day IL (Groin), Cody Bellinger: 10 Day IL (Knee), Justin Steele: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 15 Day IL (Appendicitis), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Pirates: Vince Velásquez: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Ji-Man Choi: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Wil Crowe: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), Max Kranick: 60 Day IL (Elbow), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)