Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (32-33) are looking for continued power from a hitter when they match up against the New York Yankees (38-28) on Sunday at 7:10 PM ET at Yankee Stadium. Rafael Devers is riding a two-game home run streak for the underdog Red Sox (-101) going into this contest against the favored Yankees (-118). New York has Clarke Schmidt starting, while Boston will counter with Brayan Bello.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, June 11, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
How Do I Watch the Yankees vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: ESPN
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 102 total home runs.
- New York is 23rd in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Yankees’ .303 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in baseball.
- New York’s 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 12th in the majors.
- The Yankees average 1.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (61 total in home contests).
- New York is slugging .427 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .233 at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .256 with eight doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 28 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .332 and a slugging percentage of .434.
- He ranks 82nd in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage, and 78th in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Torres has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has an OPS of .795, fueled by an OBP of .345 and a team-best slugging percentage of .450 this season. He’s batting .273.
- His batting average is 46th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 59th, and his slugging percentage 65th.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .187 with a .347 slugging percentage and 26 RBI this year.
- DJ LeMahieu has been key for New York with 49 hits, an OBP of .298 plus a slugging percentage of .385.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 70 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- Boston has a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .332 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- Boston has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the fifth-best strikeout rate (eight per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 32 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 32 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- Boston has a team slugging percentage of .373 in away games this season with 90 extra-base hits.
- In 32 road games this season, they have a batting average of .229 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Masataka Yoshida has an on-base percentage of .381, a team-best for the Red Sox. He’s batting .305 and slugging .475.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him ninth, his on-base percentage ranks 16th, and he is 41st in slugging.
- Devers paces his team with 60 hits. He has a batting average of .247 while slugging .498 with an on-base percentage of .301.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 104th, his on-base percentage is 132nd, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo has racked up a slugging percentage of .444, a team-best for the Red Sox.
- Justin Turner is hitting .264 with 12 doubles, seven home runs and 26 walks.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Brayan Bello (BOS)|
|2 – 6||W/L||3 – 4|
Yankees vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Yankees: Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Aaron Judge: 10 Day IL (Toe), Greg Allen: 10 Day IL (Hip), Nestor Cortes Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jonathan Loaisiga: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Carlos Rodón: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Red Sox: Yu Chang: 10 Day IL (Hand), Richard Bleier: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), John Schreiber: 15 Day IL (Side), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Sale: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Trevor Story: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee)