Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (31-36) will look for Josh Naylor to prolong a 13-game hitting streak when they match up against the San Diego Padres (33-34) on Thursday at 8:40 PM ET at PETCO Park. The Padres are favored (-143) against the underdog Guardians (+122). Ryan Weathers starts for San Diego while Cleveland will counter with Logan Allen.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
How Do I Watch the Padres vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank 10th-best in baseball with 81 total home runs.
- San Diego ranks 28th in MLB with a .228 batting average.
- The Padres’ .318 on-base percentage is 17th in MLB.
- San Diego strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 15th in baseball.
- The Padres average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (41 total in home contests).
- San Diego has a .410 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .241 with 274 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto has 60 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .408. He has a .259 batting average and a slugging percentage of .470.
- He is 77th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and 47th in slugging among qualifying batters in the majors.
- Soto will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .190 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has 56 hits, which leads San Diego batters this season. He’s batting .283 with 27 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .561 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He is 32nd in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging in the major leagues.
- Tatis has picked up at least one hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with five doubles, five home runs, five walks and 11 RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has hit seven homers with a team-high .403 SLG this season.
- Bogaerts enters this matchup with five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .216 with a .322 OBP and 24 RBI for San Diego this season.
- Cronenworth takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 43 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland ranks 20th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Cleveland has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 34 road contests this season.
- Cleveland is slugging .354 in 34 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .239 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-high OBP (.345) and slugging percentage (.486), while leading the Guardians in hits (69, while batting .277).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 44th in batting average, 60th in on-base percentage and 29th in slugging percentage.
- Ramirez brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .279 with two doubles, four home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Steven Kwan has 16 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 34 walks while hitting .254. He’s slugging .343 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- He is currently 88th in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and 148th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Naylor has 12 doubles, eight home runs and 16 walks while batting .286.
- Josh Bell is hitting .242 with 14 doubles, six home runs and 31 walks.
Padres vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Ryan Weathers (SD)||Pitcher||Logan Allen (CLE)|
|1 – 4||W/L||3 – 2|
Padres vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Padres: Seth Lugo: 15 Day IL (Calf), Nabil Crismatt: 15 Day IL (Hip strain), José Castillo: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Luis Campusano: 60 Day IL (Thumb sprain), Drew Pomeranz: 60 Day IL (Elbow/flexor), Robert Suarez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eguy Rosario: 60 Day IL (Ankle)
- Guardians: Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Peyton Battenfield: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)