Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (32-37) will aim to keep a four-game win streak going when they host the Baltimore Orioles (43-26) on Saturday at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-129) over the Orioles (+109). Justin Steele takes the mound first for Chicago, and Kyle Gibson is Baltimore’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Saturday, June 17, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 17th in baseball with 77 total home runs.
- Chicago is 15th in the majors with a .250 batting average.
- The Cubs rank sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Chicago strikes out 9.2 times per game, the No. 24 mark in the majors.
- The Cubs average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (39 total in home contests).
- Chicago is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .407 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .259.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.375) thanks to 14 extra-base hits. He has a .285 batting average and an on-base percentage of .338.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 25th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 69th, and he is 129th in slugging.
- Hoerner hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .348 with two walks and three RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .262 with 13 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 35 walks, while slugging .404 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- He ranks 68th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging in MLB.
- Swanson heads into this matchup looking to extend his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .348 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in OBP (.395) this season, fueled by 65 hits.
- Happ heads into this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and 10 RBI.
- Cody Bellinger has seven home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .272 this season.
- Bellinger heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .150 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 82 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- Baltimore’s .253 batting average ranks 13th in the majors this season.
- The Orioles have the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.321).
- Baltimore is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 34 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 42 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Baltimore has a team slugging percentage of .413 in away games this season with 113 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .244 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has a team-best OBP (.390) and slugging percentage (.429). He’s batting .282.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he ranks 36th in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage and 83rd in slugging percentage.
- Rutschman hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Adam Frazier has 11 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 19 walks while hitting .230. He’s slugging .396 with an on-base percentage of .292.
- Including all qualified players, he is 132nd in batting average, 141st in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Santander has 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 26 walks while hitting .259.
- Austin Hays’ 71 hits and .502 slugging percentage both pace his team.
Cubs vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Justin Steele (CHC)||Pitcher||Kyle Gibson (BAL)|
|6 – 2||W/L||8 – 3|
Cubs vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Cubs: Edwin Ríos: 10 Day IL (Groin), Justin Steele: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 15 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Adrian Sampson: 60 Day IL (Right meniscus), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Cedric Mullins: 10 Day IL (Groin), Ryan Mountcastle: 10 Day IL (Vertigo), Austin Voth: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Mychal Givens: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)